Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Translation to English, please ........

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 16:42:24 -0400, HK wrote:

considerations of what to use in an $8000 (at the time) outboard motor.

I have a four cycle outboard now. The dealer changes the oil and filter
for me at the end of the season, and I can change both mid-season if
need be. I believe the selling price of my current engine is about
$11000 or so.

My wife's Lincoln has a 330 cid four cam 32 valve motor. It developed
a leaky valve guide at 175k. We figured the handwriting was on the
wall, and put in another motor for 5500. The replacement mill has a
75k warranty. Why are outboats so pricy? The motor in my wife's truck
would make a nice inboard motor, for less than 11 000. In the
Navigator they rate it at 300 hp.

Casady