Rosalie B.

Default Dinghy dock charges was Skull Creek Marina complaint

x-no-archive:yes
Jere Lull wrote:

Rosalie B. wrote:

Oriental also has a free city dock which I suppose could be used by
dinghies. We are too big to fit there.

Quick update: That dock was damaged during Isabel and was deemed beyond
simple repair. It sounded like they were going to try to get a new one
built quickly enough for the fall migration.

When we were there, a 35' or so boat pulled up behind us, so there was
plenty of room with a little cooperation. As I recall, there was
additional dinghy space along the bulkhead.

The Oriental free docks are too small for us as we are 44 feet, plus
it might be too shallow for us. Two boats of about 30 feet can fit
OK. It's also possible to anchor outside the harbor.

Did you see the two sailing school boats? One named
BEGINNER'S LUCK, and the other STUDENT DRIVER
..
I LIKE Oriental and Elizabeth City: They know that spending a few bucks
on free docks and other amenities is an investment, not a cost. Works
far better than an ad in a paper.....

Yes I do too.

I understand the Corps of Engineers is clearing out the Dismal Swamp
canal. Do you know the status of the Elizabeth City docks?

grandma Rosalie