Jere Lull

Default Dinghy dock charges was Skull Creek Marina complaint

Rosalie B. wrote:

Oriental also has a free city dock which I suppose could be used by

dinghies. We are too big to fit there.

Quick update: That dock was damaged during Isabel and was deemed beyond
simple repair. It sounded like they were going to try to get a new one
built quickly enough for the fall migration.

When we were there, a 35' or so boat pulled up behind us, so there was
plenty of room with a little cooperation. As I recall, there was
additional dinghy space along the bulkhead.

I LIKE Oriental and Elizabeth City: They know that spending a few bucks
on free docks and other amenities is an investment, not a cost. Works
far better than an ad in a paper.....

--
Jere Lull