Don White Don White is offline

Default Consumer marine, Bluecharts, Garmin 76map

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
I bought my Garmin 76smap from Consumer Marine for $214 and after
seeing a chartplotter working decided that having a chart display on
the GPS was a good idea for my Tolman bought the Bluechart CD for
$199. The blurb in the catalogue said it (the CD) contained charts
for "The Americas". OK, it has arrived and what you REALLY get is the
right to a chart of a very small portion of the Americas. In my case,
all I really get is a chart that covers the NW central Gulf of Mexico,
roughly from Steinhatchee west to Texas, not exactly "The Americas".
If I want charts for the lower SW portion of Fl and the Keys I have to
pay a lot more, RIP OFF. I have not opened the Bluchart package yet
and may return it, opinions?

$199.00 seems a lot for one bluechart. Price must have gone up.
I would have to buy two to cover all of Nova Scotia.
see...
http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/b...40&cd=Americas

I have the CA005R