Larry W4CSC

Default Perkins 4/108 engine hours?

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 22:33:05 +1000, "Barry Brazier"
wrote:

Is 3500 hrs too many for a Perkins 4/108?
How many hours is usual before reconditioning/

Barry

The one in Lionheart has over 7900 hours on it. It starts instantly
and will idle as low as you'd ever want to go. It has a little blowby
which causes about 1/2 quart of oil, all the oil it uses, to drip out
the crankcase vent into a catch bottle in 100 hours, all the oil it
uses.

I also wonder how long they will run.....??......(c;

This one starts so easily I'd be hesitant to turn it by hand unless I
was sure the fuel wasn't injected.

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?