[email protected] threepontoon@live.com is offline

Default Translation to English, please ........

On Mar 18, 5:32*pm, Dave Brown wrote:
wrote:
The additive package is specified by the OEM, but that doesn't mean
it's any better that the oil company's own additive mixture.

Here's one example to at least show my position. BRP's TCW-3 contains
the additive "Carbon Guard" which is also available separately as a
bottled product through its dealers. It's a product I not only believe
in, it's what I use to clean my pistons when rebuilding.

I've also used it as an additive to the gas on my old 2 stroke boat.
Bear in mind that "Carbon Guard" is just a brand name for some
chemicals that reduce carbon buildup. I just looked at a bottle of
Penzoil TC-W3 oil and it, too has additives to reduce carbon buildup.
Likely the same chemicals, just not from the company that trademarked
the name. They also test to a higher standard of lubricity to reduce
scuffing of cylinder walls and rings.

Regards,
* * * Dave Brown
* * * Brown's Marina Ltd