Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default OT but very useful...

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:32:07 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:27:49 +0700, Bruce In Bangkok
wrote:

No one is trying to make Linux look like Windows... don't know where
that comment came from. Nor, the "nonsense about Windows not being
reliable" as neither the OP nor myself discussed that.

No offense intended, just pointing out/debunking some of the reasons I
hear from people who persist in running Linux on their PCs for one
reason or another. The list usually goes something like this:

1. Windows is not reliable (frequent crashes).

2. Windows uses too many resources.

3. I don't like Bill Gates.

4. Micrsoft is an evil empire.

5. Windows could never understand my inner creativity and genius
(also used by incurable Apple users).

6. Linux is free.

All in good fun of course... :-)

One of the reasons that I do not read or write to the Linux sites is
that they are full of zealots that interpret any post except a paean
of phrase to Linux as derogatory and they attack feverishly.

I recently asked about the availability of an memory based dictionary
and thesaurus and got told that Open Office had a dictionary... I
already knew hat OO had a dictionary and I suppose that had I said
that I would have been castigated for not using OO.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)