Peggie Hall

Default Marina question -- Trash

Doug Dotson wrote:

Max cost per pumpout is dictated by the FEDs since
most of the pumpouts were installed via grants and last
I knew it was $5.

That's how it's supposed to work anyway...but no one is monitoring it
and the marinas who can get away with charging more are.

Rinsing is just part of the process. Charging for
drips is just silly I believe.

Rinsing off, yes...but I was referring to rinsing out the tank by adding
some water to it after pumpout to stir up any sludge and pumping that
out. A LOT of marinas charge for a second pumpout to rinse out the tank,
even if only a few gallons of water go into the tank. My own YC did (and
I assume still does).

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"