Rick & Linda Bernard

Default Marina question

I have heard that a lot of the water in the Bahamas is reverse osmosis
water. That water is not cheap to make.

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
Jere,

We just reopened our business in a marina and are being charged for trash
removal. Turns out that it costs $80 each time our dumpster is emptied and
that's is twice a week. I have no problem if a marina charges a buck or

two
for trash disposal. On a busy weekend, anchored out boats can easily fill
a dumpster. Why should the marina bear the cost? Same thing with water
as long as the rate is fair.

Doug

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
news
Peggie Hall wrote:

Kelton Joyner wrote:

Every Marina I have stopped at in the Bahamas, Virgin Islands,
Leeward and Windward Islands charged for fresh water (up to
$0.50/gal) except Great Exuma. In Great Exuma, it was free at the
spring, but you have to ferry in in jerry cans.
Kelton
s/v Isle Escape

Thank you for sharing that information, Kelton...but since he's only
thinking of buying a boat--and a gas powered one at that--I doubt if
he was wondering about marinas in the Bahamas, VI and etc...only about
marinas in the US. Can you name one in the US that charges for water?

Unluckily, yes. Annapolis (forget name of place) started charging this
season and I believe St. Michaels' City Dock was charging. Some of the
uppity ones are charging for trash, or at least being nasty about it.

--
Jere Lull