Doug Dotson

Default Marina question -- Trash

Peggie,

The dumpster companies don't charge by weight so that doesn't
really make sense. They charge per pickup which is generally on
a schedule or when the client requests. The only savings the client
has is to wait until it is really full. Something you can see on a busy
weekend when the trash is piled all around the dumpster. Once
the dumpster is emptied, the client has to toss all the stuff piled
around in for the next pickup. More money invested by the marina
for no return. Max cost per pumpout is dictated by the FEDs since
most of the pumpouts were installed via grants and last
I knew it was $5. Rinsing is just part of the process. Charging for
drips is just silly I believe.

Doug

"Peggie Hall" wrote in message
Welll...all I can say is, I'll be damned. 'Cuz this is the first I've
heard of ANY marina in the US charging for water. I can understand
charging to drop your garbage off--although in fairness, that ought to
be by the pound--dumpster service is expensive... And I can also
understand why marinas that aren't connected to a sewer charging for a
second pumpout to rinse out a tank, 'cuz pumper trucks cost even more
than dumpster trucks. But do these same marinas also charge to hose fuel
or pumpout drips off your boat?

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"