[email protected] JamesGangNC@gmail.com is offline

Default Translation to English, please ........

On Mar 18, 8:35*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mar 18, 6:30 am, HK wrote:

SteveB wrote:
Yesterday, a poster answered my post where I bought some bottles of
Johnson
outboard oil. IIRC, he said to be sure it was TC-W3.

I looked on the bottles, and this is TC-W II.

Now, I go googling, and come up with the terms two cycle and two stroke.
my understanding, they are the same, using a firing system that has no
valves, and the oil/gas mixture goes on both sides of the piston, versus
the
four stroke where the crankcase oil is isolated from the combustion
chamber,
has a valve train, and it is called a four stroke. Never heard one
referred
to as a four cycle motor.

Can someone give me the short answer on if this TC-WII Johnson oil is
good
to use in my '89 Merc 4 cyl TWO STROKE motor?

Is there a discernable difference between TC-WII and TC-W3 oil?

I've run a lot of oil and a lot of gas in a lot of engines. Only burned
up
one chain saw, and that was when I had too much beer and used straight
gas
in it. OOps. Other than that, I have never had a problem, and have to
say
I probably ran stuff a lot oilier than I should have, but that's better
than
the chain saw episode.

Does this difference in oils really make a difference other than to anal
personalities? What is the difference between type 2 and type 3 oil?

Steve

I made suggestions to you about this earlier.
The differences in two stroke oil types are significant.

--
Appearing via Thunderbird on an iMac 3.06
or a Macbook Pro 2.4, running Mac OS 10.56,

Horse****. The only difference between 2 and 3 is that 3 has a tad bit
more anti-carbon agent in it. Now, I know you will start your idiotic
and childish name calling, so let's cut to the chase. Show me the
"significant" differences.

He can use either oil if his outboard is of an 80's vintage. *The Type III
oil is backwards compatible for engines that originally called for Type II.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

True.

I use the wally world 2 stroke oil in our pwc. I'm not buying
"expensive" oil to get used once and burned :-)