SteveB[_2_] SteveB[_2_] is offline

Default Translation to English, please ........

Yesterday, a poster answered my post where I bought some bottles of Johnson
outboard oil. IIRC, he said to be sure it was TC-W3.

I looked on the bottles, and this is TC-W II.

Now, I go googling, and come up with the terms two cycle and two stroke. To
my understanding, they are the same, using a firing system that has no
valves, and the oil/gas mixture goes on both sides of the piston, versus the
four stroke where the crankcase oil is isolated from the combustion chamber,
has a valve train, and it is called a four stroke. Never heard one referred
to as a four cycle motor.

Can someone give me the short answer on if this TC-WII Johnson oil is good
to use in my '89 Merc 4 cyl TWO STROKE motor?

Is there a discernable difference between TC-WII and TC-W3 oil?

I've run a lot of oil and a lot of gas in a lot of engines. Only burned up
one chain saw, and that was when I had too much beer and used straight gas
in it. OOps. Other than that, I have never had a problem, and have to say
I probably ran stuff a lot oilier than I should have, but that's better than
the chain saw episode.

Does this difference in oils really make a difference other than to anal
personalities? What is the difference between type 2 and type 3 oil?

Steve