Edgar Edgar is offline

Default OT but very useful...

"Bruce In Bangkok" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 01:24:09 +0000, Larry wrote:

Bruce In Bangkok wrote in
m:

Am I correct in thinking that this works only with Windows? I ask as I
am using Linux and while I could go to the trouble of setting a
network your magic cable sounds easier.

Sorry, Bruce. One model is for Windows to Windows. The other model they
make if from Windows to Mac. No Linux support...as usual.

Ah well, I can console myself by repeating the Linux Mantra, "Linux is
better, Linux is better......"
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Bruce, I was talking to an IT guy last night about Linux as we have Linux on
disc but have not yet loaded and experimented with it.
He told me there is a programme called 'wine' which allows Windows
programmes to run on Linux.
I have not fully checked it out yet but you can get the site by Googling
'wine'+Windows+Linux and check it out yourself.
Don't Google 'wine' on its own as you can guess what sort of stuff will come
up!