Edgar Edgar is offline

Default LIVE from Morgan City, LA !

"Bob" wrote in message
On Mar 6, 10:08 pm, Vic Smith wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 19:59:18 -0800 (PST), Bob

Got on my new boat. Its a 145' dive support boat. After a relaxing
first evening I woke up at 0500 and after a sleepy cup of coffee I
went to the bridge at 0545. The capt says, come here.

The wheel house is dark, its still night on the water. He asks are you
an AB? I say yup. Good. Then he points to some things and says: this
is the big radar its set at 6 miles, this is the small radar its set
at 3 miles, that indicates how many turns the shaft is turning, thats
the AIS and that is us, thats the the rudder indicator. That radio is
on ch 16 and that one is on 13. Im going to get some coffee. If
anything gets close give me a call.

Bob

Beats swabbing out the heads any day, Bob. How did you get onto the fast
track for promotion?