Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default OT but very useful...

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:08:11 +0000, Larry wrote:

http://www.thetornado.com/backup_files.asp

I was rummaging through Staples store last night looking for a cable when I
stumbled upon this gadget they are dumping for $20, so I bought one.

Flash drives are getting pretty cheap. Do you know about them?
My kid has one on his key chain, and sometimes we exchange data.
Think it's 4gb, but they're up to at least 64gb now.
He got it for 5 bucks or it was a free promo, can't remember.
He has a few of them.
It's a slower transfer since you have 2 read/write cycles, but also
more flexible because you don't need the computers in proximity.
I'd go that way for non-networked data transfers, or get an external
USB hard drive. He has some of them too.
The speed issue is easily fixed by not using a stop-watch.
Or getting a beer while the data moves.
Computers are like kitchens - always another gadget.
You sound like a real shopper, Larry.
Used to do that myself. Until I saw how much junk I had laying
around.

--Vic