Marty[_2_] Marty[_2_] is offline

Default Yeah, I know "plonk"

Dave wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:56:52 -0700 (PDT), said:

OK, solet me make sure I've got your point straight...

Forcefully holding a person's head under water until they believe they
are going to die... and in some cases, actually die... does not fall
within the definition of "torture." Is that it?

Sigh...you still don't get it. I'm not saying it is or is not properly
labeled "torture." I'm saying the label you stick on it is no more than an
expression of your conclusion that it's a "bad thing." Expressing that
conclusion isn't going to persuade any rational person that your conclusion
is correct. Only that you believe it.

Ok, since you insist on this exercise in sophistry, let's return to
first principles and move to a more Socratic level.

Please define what the term "torture" means.

I will keep this to one question at a time to avoid confusing anyone.

Cheers
Martin