posted to rec.boats.electronics
[email protected] pdrez@suddenlink.net is offline

Default WiFi recommendation

I currently have an old analog cell phone antenna at the top of my
mast on a trawler. Do not use the antenna any longer, and would like
to use the coax to mount a WiFi antenna to run to my onboard laptop.
My goal is better distances to AP. Anyone done something like this
successfully. My laptop has both PC Card slots and available USB 2.0
ports. I can find numerous claims on the internet, but would prefer to
find something that is a proven solution. Thanks

Pete