[email protected] khughes@nospam.net is offline

Default Yeah, I know "plonk"

Stephen Trapani wrote:
wrote:

One of the scariest, and most depressing things I've witnessed in this
country was not long after 9/11, while working to build a facility to
manufacture a new stockpile of smallpox vaccine for the government,
was a news program where 2 liberal and 2 conservative national
journalists were asked if it was OK to torture suspects *if* it
*might* save American lives. All 4 said the equivalent of "hell
yes!". I was sickened, saddened, and ashamed that we could, as a
nation, be such gutless wimps that any action against the *other*
(however defined) person is justifiable if there's even the slightest
chance that it *might* save our butts. Pitiful.

Yeah, who are we anyway?

We claim to be a nation of laws, and we claim the moral high ground on
these issues in our dealings with the rest of the world.

Our lives are pitiful and worth nothing!

Not even remotely implied by *any* argument presented here. Feel free
to associate yourself with that remark if you like.

How dare we threaten, scare or hurt someone who is trying to hurt and kill
us?? We're not worth it!!!! We should protect murderous criminals
instead of trying to save our butts!!!

Murderous criminals who have not been even charged with a crime because
of lack of evidence? Face it Stephen, no matter how enamored or torture
you may be, it is illegal. Write your representatives and ask them to
introduce legislation legalizing torture because it's the only way to
keep you safe - see how successful you are.

Keith