Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default Yeah, I know "plonk"

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:05:49 -0600, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Oh, and your refutation of "torture" equating to "cruel"? Did I miss
that? Twist and squirm all you want Dave, the subject was "Torture",
irrespective of which techniques comprise that term. Stephen says he
sanctions "Torture", not just waterboarding, and that violates a
constitutional prohibition. Time to wake up and smell the 18th century.
Was that too many syllables for you?

Keith

Let's look at it this way:

The prohibition is against "cruel and unusual punishment." It can be either
cruel OR unusual, but not both. As long as we do it all the time, it's not
unusual at all, and so therefore we can be as cruel as we like.

Winning hearts and minds, one at a time.

I suggest that the meaning is cruel punishments and also unusual
punishments.
Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)