Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Yeah, I know "plonk"

wrote in message
On 9 Mar 2009 13:57:01 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:27:23 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

While you may personally agree with this approach, it is
nevertheless antithetical to the US constitution.

Sigh...went right over your head too, eh.

Sigh...arguing against reality is a tough sell unless you're a preacher,
eh.

The careful reader would have noted that I haven't expressed any view as
whether waterboarding has produced useful information. I have simply
observed that trying to stick the generic label "torture" on the procedure
doesn't advance the ball toward resolving the fact question.

Unfortunately there seem to be few careful readers present. Else I
wouldn't
have to provide the Cliff Notes.

Waterboarding was prosecuted as torture and as a war crime by the
United States Government.

The "Guvmint" has already established that it's torture, Dave.

And, it's well-documented that it doesn't work.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com