Larry W4CSC

Default Perkins still made?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:48:09 -0400, wrote:

Thanks for the experience.

R.

"Lionheart" has a 4-108M in it that has over 7000 hours on it and will
crank without preheating. Pulling twin alternators, the coldplate
compressor and an Amel Sharki 41' ketch, it runs like a Swiss...er,
ah, English clock.

I met a guy in NC who had one for sale. For $1200 we now have a
complete spare 4-108M and transmission at the shop being cleaned up
for a spare.....a real bargain.....right down to the controls and a
key.... The diesel guys tell me it's one of the finest engines you
can run. I agree, especially the late models with many improvements
including bleeding their water jackets of air themselves....

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?