Canuck57[_6_] Canuck57[_6_] is offline

Default BRP Cuts Production, Workforce

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 10:37:43 -0600, "Canuck57"
wrote:

Me, I am delaying my boat purchase indefinitely. Will
just rent them.

Power boats are hellaciouly expensive to rent whenever I've looked.
Still a good option if you boat infrequently.

--Vic

Not really, say I rent one for $200/day for 6 days. That is $1200. Since I
don't have to tow it, less wear and tear with less fuel consumption. But I
will for arguments sake forget these points.

Now for a bass boat and trailer new, budget is $20,000 USD, in Canada that
would be about $40,000 CAD (not a very competative market).

If I put $40,000 into an investment yeilding 5%, 40% goes to taxes, that
leaves $1000. And say depreciation and maintenance is 10% of the total for
$4000, making $5000 per year.

Seems like owning is only viable if you are a resident on a waterway with
lots of time off. If you are 2-3 weeks renting is better.