[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Yeah, I know "plonk"

Stephen Trapani wrote:
I'm sure you would agree that *if* you obtain information that prevents
slaughter of innocents by dunking someone in water a few times, you have
not done something wrong, you have done something good.

No, actually I woould not agree that torture is "good" under any
realistic circumstances.

You can construct all sorts of theoretical justifications; but the
facts are pretty clear... torture does not yield useful or reliable
intel. OTOH it's great if you want to convert a few heretics before
you burn them; but fortunately most of the civilizedworld has out
grown that.

.... I am not arguing that all torture is okay, I'm arguing
that there is such a thing as torture that is okay.

And that's what makes you sick in the head.... or at least not
civilized enough to be making serious decisions that affect the rest
of our society.

On the contrary, I'm arguing points that all reasonable humans should
agree on.

Yep... check the definition of neurotic vs psychotic.

True whackoes always think they're "reasonable."

Tell you what, how about sticking to posting about boats & sailing.

DSK