Default soft, spongy cored decks - repair method and costs?

You could buy an identical, but sound boat for a lot less than what
this one will cost to fix. Plus you will save a year or two of waiting
for the work to be completed. If the decks are this bad, also budget
for all new electronics, new engine, and all rigging.

That's interesting, considering I have not mentioned the potential sale
price, nor make of the boat for comparison to a good condition model.

This would be a 36' stoughtly made vessel for about $10,000. Same make &
similar class are selling for $60-90,000 in Europe and the US. Although
a substantial number of same make & similar class were made, this
particular variation is one of only a couple dozen boats at most made of
this specific model. It's the unique features that make this a
consideration at all for me.

I expect - if I make this purchase - to replace all standing and running
rigging, interior cushions, all opening ports, two hatches, all hoses,
much of the wiring.

The engine seems sound for its age. Better than many I have seen here on
the east coast of US during the past few months of boat hunting.

As for where I am coming from in my consideration of perhaps buying a
glass boat in need of restoration, I have owned and worked on sailboats
for almost 3 decades as a private owner, including a refurb after
20yrs, and am confident of my ability to assess most of the time,
effort and costs involved with restoring this boat - except for the
cored decks issue. There I have no experience.

Thanks for any and all thoughts from everyone.