Default soft, spongy cored decks - repair method and costs?

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

Also if the rot is extensive you better make sure how the cabin top is
supported. On many production boats the side decks provide most of
the support for the cabin. When you remove that support the cabin top
must be held in place by temprary bracing and tied carefully into

the recored side decks. .

Good thing to consider. I will examine this more closely. I believe that
there is substantial support from bulkheads and poles w/in the cabins,
but I will be sure to examine this again.