posted to rec.boats.electronics
Manlio Manlio is offline

Default Mediterranean and Atlantic Weather Reports

Followup to msg on Sat, 07 Mar 2009 00:47:43 +0000, Larry
:
(Original msg on bottom)

Thanks Larry,
I wonder whether you know the story about Monaco Radio.
First: That radio issued for many many years the Meteo France weather
Forecasts, made with the help of a super computer located in Toulone
and of the International Meteo Org. The forecasts are extraordinarily
accurate and the almost only source of forecasts for people sailing
the Mediterranean and the east Atlantic with impaired band-width (only
SSB) and less money to spend on satellite devices.
Second: Monaco Radio was sold two years ago to a private Co. and
decided to shut off the HF Tx. There has been a sort of large popular
rebellion to that decision so the Monaco Authorities ( I presume)
decided to take over them the cost of the Meteo Services and the
transmissions went on.
Now .. ??.. Comes out again a survey ..
Better is to state the interest of sailing people .. I think.
Thanks for the support.
Manlio
73 IK2rau

Manlio wrote in news:84u2r4tng0gpf2uh6j22a55rk1t647k525@
4ax.com:

Please go to http://www.naya.mc to give your vote and keep the
forecasts transmitted on SSB alive.

Done! Everybody go to the website. The survey pops up the instant you
connect and only asks one question in French....Oui?

Glad to help, Manlio.