Glenn Ashmore

Default 12volt PC Power Supply

These little DC-DC powersupplies are used pretty regularly in automotive
and truck installations so they must be aboe to survive 13V + a little
but I doubt they would handle a bulk charging high amp marine alternator
at 14V. They might make it OK with a high end regulator with a halogen
light limiter but that will increase charging time.

THere are some DC-DC converters that tollerate 10 to 15V but the stock
ones are intended to outpur a stable 13.8 to 22V. I have not found any
designed to output in the range for these ITX power supplies.

hanz wrote:
most dc-dc converter run at 12v+- 5%. 5% is the the most important
since boat battery run anywhere from 9v to 14.3 volts (5% of 12 is 11.4
to 12.6.. check it out

hanz

Conor Crowley wrote:

So by the looks of the mini-ITX systems on this site, I should be able
to build something that looks good, and runs directly off of 12v using
the "Cubid silent 12V DC-DC Converter Kit " (
http://www.big008.com/ProPage.asp?ProID=PI160300 ) - correct?

One that I know of is at
http://www.big008.com/catPage.asp?catid=CI01250000
. However it is only 55watt, designed for the low power end of the
mini-ATX
form factor. If you find one suitable for ATX, let us know!

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com