Default Perkins still made?

Thanks for the experience.

R.

On 25 Sep 2003 07:12:50 -0700, (Jim Woodward)
wrote:

Yanmar and Perkins:

We took a Yanmar 4JH2DTE (75hp) around the world, putting about 1,200
hours on it. Ran fine. No problems at all. I would buy another in a
minute if I needed that size, except that we found Mack Boring
difficult on several issues. I think the 4JH2 block has a version at
the upper end of your range....

Perkins. Fintry has a 6-354 for a big DC genset. We're replacing the
gensets with Northern Lights, but keeping the 6-354 for hydraulics,
battery charging, and the fire pump. Nobody in Britain is worried
about Perkins parts for a long time....

Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

(Steven Shelikoff) wrote in message ...
On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:01:34 -0400, "Doug Dotson"
wrote:

Check out www.perkins.com. I don't think the 4-108 is made anymore as
such, but they are making similar engines. I have a 4-236 (1985) so I am
also concerned about this. A friend has a boat with 2 4-236 engines that
are only 5 years old.

4-108's are still ubiquitous in other applications as well as marine
engines. I wouldn't count on the spare parts supply running out anytime
soon.

Steve