Cardinal Bill

Default Muds treatment of careenage area

Steve wrote:

Back (40+) year ago, when you could get away with it, I would careen my 27ft
sail boat on the shore and scrap and paint the bottom. Actually this could
be refered to as being on the hard. If the tidal range wasn;t sufficient, I
would take a halyard to a near by piling and haul her over. Sometimes, if I
was lucky I might find a couple pillings to tie her to so I could do both
sides on one tide. Often the local cops would pull up to give me a bad time
but I would just give them a shrug, continue my work while I waited for the
tide to come in..

Forgot the answer this part. In the early 70's I worked on a seine boat
in Ketchikan Ak, boat was about 45-50'. They had what was called "the
grid" (at least I recall that being the term) which was a grid of 2x2'
timbers. At high tide we pulled up next to the pilings and tied up very
carefully so the lines were free to slide. The tide there has a pretty
high range. At low tide we scrubbed like Hell and painted some. At
next low tide we painted like Hell to finish.

--
I am very fond of the company of ladies. I like their beauty,
I like their delicacy, I like their vivacity, and I like their silence.