TB

Default Water collection

Mike
I like the idea of the diverter valve, but if the water goes into the main
freshwater tank is'nt there a chance of contamination from bugs etc. I
am thinking of a catch tank then filtering into the main tank?
Tony

Mike Cobbe wrote:

I have been told that it is quite possible to catch all the water
required for two people when cruising the Caribbean and further south.

Unlikely. It doesn't rain much for long periods and the occasional short
squalls in the fine weather periods don't do much more than rinse the
deck.

Has anyone devised a good system?

We have a deck drain, with a divert valve. The rain either goes to sea or
to our water tanks. Certainly rinse the deck first, but there is no need
to filter the water before drinking.

Our way of looking at it is rain is a useful occasional supplement but we
also have a watermaker.

Mike