Bruce in Bangkok[_13_] Bruce in Bangkok[_13_] is offline

Default Yeah, I know "plonk"

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 07:43:30 -0500, "Aragorn"
wrote:

"Bruce in Bangkok" wrote

Jesus man! Don't, whatever you do, interject logic, or the ability to
use the Internet to research facts - for example which party formed a
majority of the congress for what periods - into a political argument.

Yes, it used to be difficult to know who reads newspapers or watches TV.
All you need to know now is party affilliation. Creationism has become one
of the right's more credible platform planks.

I haven't been the US for about 30 years so the politics are somewhat
of a mystery to me although I tend toward the conservative side of the
equation simply because if it worked once it ought to work again, but
the emotions evidenced on this site seem exaggerated out of all
proportion to the political system as I knew it when I did live "back
there". Are things really so emotional, or is it only the denizens of
this site that make it appear so?

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)