Two meter troll Two meter troll is offline

Default sailing junk

What........ you eat them? I dont get the "nothing other than food
line".
Surprised people eat more than meat and spuds, or moose?

they dont go skinny fast, cant get into a survival suit so they die
quick after you get them on the raft. what else you gonna do with
them?

Anyway, the waters pretty warm, hence your ability to skunk dem
southern boys into a cold water survival suit.
Working deck on a supply boats in winter the yankees could not
understand wearing a P-Coat and shorts. The ones that were not so dumb
caught on...eventually.

same comes the other way. southerners arriving in dead horse with
nothing heavier that a cotton shirt and chinos. if they dont die,,
eventually some figure it out. I worked both places; make no misteak
there is a class of west, east and northern sailors that i find just
as bloody lothsome. most are involved in "training" and "safety". we
call them dock lawyers (no actual experiance but lots of ideas and
law). its this stupid idea that because you have passed a paper test
you have any idea of the reality of the actual experiance. the group i
was in was composed of mostly unlimited tonnage ticket holders IRRC
the combined sea time was someplace around 150 years in almost all
oceans. our "instructor" had ten years working in the gulf of mexico
and a sheet of paper that said he passed a written instructor test. I
have a sweater that has more seatime and more experiance in the tight
spots.

Bob should be more worried about getting squashed, hit, cut, burned or
gassed, cold water is the least of his worries.

no diffrent than on northern boats. the only change is that many of
the folks he will be working with down yonder have a sheet of TP that
says they are skippers signed by eddison schwest. no skill requierd.

*The helo egress school is fun, did it while working for Mobil. Once
fished out the crew of a bell Ranger. Only one pontoon
inflated,classic roll. We tried to tow the helo to a crane but it tore
in half and sunk.

Joe