Bruce in Bangkok[_13_] Bruce in Bangkok[_13_] is offline

Default Yeah, I know "plonk"

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 16:19:37 -0800, Stephen Trapani
wrote:

Aragorn wrote:
"Stephen Trapani" wrote

After all, we wouldn't all want to be supporting a large increase in the
same thing we've been doing for the last four years, would we? That would
be insane!

Everyone would agree that breaking out the windows of your house, spraying
it with high powered hoses, and then dragging the hoses inside and spraying
everything would be a really stupid thing to do. If the house is on fire
though, it's suddenly a very different judgement. The Republicans had an 8
year drunken party, broke out all the windows, turned on all the bathtubs
and sinks flooding the place. They finally managed to set the house on fire
and now they are all pointing and moaning because a Democaratic president is
spraying water on it.

So the fire is the massive deficit and spending of the Republicans who
have been out of power in Congress for years and the now quadrupling of
the deficit and spending, by the Democrats, is the water on the fire? Is
that how your analogy works?

Stephen

Jesus man! Don't, whatever you do, interject logic, or the ability to
use the Internet to research facts - for example which party formed a
majority of the congress for what periods - into a political argument.

The Wigs blame the Tories while the Tories blackguard the Wigs.... all
while the public stands blindly by.

Cheers,

Bruce in Bangkok
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)