Joe Joe is offline

Default sailing junk

On Feb 28, 2:50*pm, Two meter troll wrote:
On Feb 27, 11:15*pm, Bob wrote:

On Feb 27, 10:03*pm, Joe wrote:

On Feb 27, 7:58*pm, Bob wrote:

What happened Bob?
Are you on the boat yet?
Joe

Well, *a day to get the physical. The doc looked in my mouth and said,
"humm you have good teeth" as if he was surprised just to see more
than 8. Then he asked me to touch my toes. When I leaned over and put
my palms on the floor he stood back and said, " ya dont see many men
who cna do that.!" Then he told me to go wait in the loby.....

Then there was two days of reading manuals and taking computer tests
and a day of first aid/auto defib/etc. Had Th-Fr off and next week
have four more days of training. Somthing called Safe Gulf, upside
down helo in the water egress, and some other stuff. To say the least
this companay belives in training! But thats. cool im in a hotel on
the comapny and getting half pay.

I might be on a boat in 10+ days.

Ive seen HELP WANTED signs for:
Gulf Fleet
J Ray McDermott
Rigdon
Bank Towing (had a tv add I saw yeasterday)

Jobs are to be had if wanted.

Bob
Arg!

the egress is a cake walk if you just maintain the orentation in your
head. the OBA jog around the building is not fun due mostly to the
cheapskate schools that wont actually put inriched air in the bloody
things.

what school they got you going to is it the one just past the helo
tour on the left side of the road?

and I think you have the in the water survival suit drill. dont do it
as fast as you where tought to do it here.
the instructors dont like it when you are in the suit before they
finish speaking. It takes me 11 seconds to get in my suit. *lets just
say that i did my survival suit trick several times to satisfy the
instructors curiosity (pardon while i cuss for a moment,,, about
bloody ****ing stupid gulf sailors that have no ****ing training in
cold water survival trying to tell real qualified international
captians how to ****ing survive at sea. the fat ****s are good for
nothing other than food....all better now)

What........ you eat them? I dont get the "nothing other than food
line".
Surprised people eat more than meat and spuds, or moose?

Anyway, the waters pretty warm, hence your ability to skunk dem
southern boys into a cold water survival suit.
Working deck on a supply boats in winter the yankees could not
understand wearing a P-Coat and shorts. The ones that were not so dumb
caught on...eventually.

Bob should be more worried about getting squashed, hit, cut, burned or
gassed, cold water is the least of his worries.

The helo egress school is fun, did it while working for Mobil. Once
fished out the crew of a bell Ranger. Only one pontoon
inflated,classic roll. We tried to tow the helo to a crane but it tore
in half and sunk.

Joe

you might notice that i
have a little problem with the whole "training" issue. the fire
fighting is fun if they let it out and you get to play. I really liked
the inferno room . being ingulfed in flame is fun as long as you
have a nicely charged fire hose. have fun
good luck and keep us informed.- Hide quoted text -