Rufus

Default Muds treatment of careenage area

I assume you want to know how the various products and waste materials
from boat work are handled? I don't know the situation for yards working
on large commercial vessels. In small yards servicing small private
pleasure craft (up to 100 feet) in the USA it varies by the city and
county - IOW, 5 miles away, the required procedures may be completely
different. Some yards require all work with toxics to be preformed by
ther own employees, citing environmental concerns. Some yards have
installed settling sumps and oil and grease traps. Some require that
only chemical strippers be used when removing bottom paint, and that
tarps be placed under the boat and all waste be caught and disposed of
by special contractors. However these strict rules are rare, and many
yards allow owners to pretty much perform any work any way, as long as
they don't cause trouble with other customers in the yard.

Rufus

ooxbow95 wrote:

Hello,

I am now making a study about processes of muds treatment coming from
boats'careenage.
So, I hope you can help me.

I would like to know how the muds and wastewaters (coming from area of
careenage) are treated in the world (when the area is on land).
What are the different methods, process, technology to do the collect, the
stockage and the treatment of muds according to the marina, the country ?

Please, give me your remarks about it...

Of course, if you have other informations about muds treatment coming from
careenage area, you can send them to me too.

You can send me your remarks directly to the following email :

Best regards
Bruno