Larry Larry is offline

Default Time to buy that boat?

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
:

I did fix her TV for her though. Went round to the CB guy that lived
on the next street, the one with the 1000 watt amp. Told him the next
time I got blamed for his "breaker, breaker" B.S. I would rat him out
to the FCC.

FCC rules for CB USED to say the antenna height maximum was "20 ft above
the existing structure", to leave room for a 5/8 wave vertical that was
popular at the time.

A favorite ham trick in SC was to wait for them to get the 270' tower with
stacked 5-element beams optimum spaced erected and on-the-air.....then rat
them out to the FCC who would tell them they had 30 days to take it all
down, "or else". As soon as the tower was laying in the yard, we'd go over
and offer him a couple of hundred dollars to take it off his hands, seeing
as how he couldn't put it up any more......(c;]

We got some really nice towers that way....cheap!