[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Time to buy that boat?

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:38:36 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:07:30 +0000, Larry wrote:

Bruce in Bangkok wrote in
m:

The FCC guy said that was certainly interesting but probably
didn't contributed much to the T.V. viewer's enjoyment.

FCC guys are no fun at all with TV viewers breathin' down his neck
bitching up a storm....

FCC showed up at my house to inspect the 1500 watt ham station from a
neighbor's complaint. We went through the motions on the Collins S-line
I was running at the time, the finest equipment of the day. After
coffee and donuts (Hey! He's a cop..of sorts!) I invited the FCC guy to
the neighbor's house so he could take Polaroids of the complainant's
television antenna, a pair of 99c rabbit ears duct taped to a branch of
the oak tree over her porch with several pieces of twinlead duct taped
together to reach the 13" Korean PoS $79 TV she watched...when she
could.

When I lived in Riverside, I had a woman come to the house bitching
about my Ham station. Told me that I had "ruined" her TV, had to call
a repairman who was at the house now.

I volunteered to go to her house NOW and talk with the TV guy. On the
way over to her house she told me that she could hear me talking on
her TV.

When we got there the TV guy was there and you could hear someone
talking on her TV, "Breaker, breaker, this is the rubber duck......."
I asked her how it could be ME talking on her TV when I was RIGHT
HERE? Then asked the TV guy about ruining her TV. He laughed and said,
"it just needed degaussing".

I did fix her TV for her though. Went round to the CB guy that lived
on the next street, the one with the 1000 watt amp. Told him the next
time I got blamed for his "breaker, breaker" B.S. I would rat him out
to the FCC.

It would be quicker to just pin his coax.