Two meter troll Two meter troll is offline

Default sailing junk

On Feb 25, 6:06 pm, wordsmith wrote:
On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:50:29 -0800, someone posting as Two meter troll

purportedly wrote:
Ive got the wood milling for a sampan that i scaled up to thirty feet.
going to build it as a study for a 50'X16' or so foot junk.

a couple of questions...
how old are you? (no I'm not being a smartass)
how long do you predict it would take to build these two boats?

I ask because I'm _seized_ with the notion of building the last boat I'll
own. I'm 54, a few years from retiring and despite the siren call of the
wood boat, I'm all too aware of the number of boats out there whose
construction/restoration/refitting eats up a decade of the owner's
life...and then goes on the market because of health/life issues.

--
58 days till re-launch...STFU Larry...I don't live in SC

age 42.
the thirty foot will take about a year if i laze around. the 50 will
take probably three years at the outside, again if i laze around. the
diffrence is the amount of interior finishing. almost all the systems
are drop in. one reason for building traditional is the speed of the
build. the other is that you plan the boat out in detale make what you
can make before hand
and dry fit it together leave a bit long so you have room to fine tune
the job.

Don't ask me why it takes some folks so long to build or fix a boat, I
have no clue.