Alan Gomes[_2_] Alan Gomes[_2_] is offline

Default Time to buy that boat?

Larry wrote:
snip
If you want to be responsible for every blown light bulb, home appliance
and TV cable outage....erect a 60' tower in your yard with a big ham
radio antenna on it. You don't need a license or transmitter......

snip

Right you are, Larry! I had a 65'crank up tower with a very large
4-element cubical for 20 and 15 meters mounted on it and I used to get
complaints all the time, even when I COULD NOT have been causing the
problem. While I was away to the University at Santa Barbara in 1975,
living in the dorms, my dad had an irate neighbor storm over and
*insist* that my ham station was wiping out his TV. My dad told the guy
that this was impossible as I was living over 100 miles away and
couldn't be operating the station if I wanted to! He even invited the
guy in to see for himself that the station was unoccupied. Still, he was
convinced that the interference on his TV just *had* to be my fault!

73's,
Alan Gomes (W6AWG)