KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Speaking of emergency steering

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...

Well, ok... not filled but definitely had water intrusion... nice idea
though..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

When we first hauled our CT-41 for pre-purchase survey, the rudder "peed"
for a few minutes. The yard let it dry out, poured some alcohol in near the
top until it came out the same spot, then let it dry in the sun a few days.
They injected it with epoxy at the top until it came out at the bottom,
sealed it with duck tape (quack quack) and stood by with ice for a while to
keep it from getting too hot while it cured. Never had another problem with
it in six years.