Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Speaking of emergency steering

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
easolutions...
I saw a rudder that was filled with water, watched it drain when she was
hauled, but it didn't fail. I suppose getting hit would do it or over
time with corrosion.

I regularly inspect the cables controlled by the quadrant on my boat, but
never find anything. I'm going to pull the binnacle at some point and
lubricate.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

A water-filled rudder? That's a new one on me. I saw an ad once for a
water-filled anchor that was just the cat's pajamas. Empty it out, it's
really light. Fill it up, it gets really heavy. Fill it with fresh water
and you have an extra supply of drinking water to boot.

Well, ok... not filled but definitely had water intrusion... nice idea
though..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com