Skip Gundlach

Default "The SEARCH" redux (long, as usual)

From: "Skip Gundlach"
Subject: WORMS!!!
Date: Monday, September 22, 2003 10:28 AM

Howdy...

You'll note that my 'mailto' and reply addresses are a uga address. That's
a forwarding from my first account, which people going back into the early
80s have, so I've kept it alive as a destination, and as a means of knowing
when a usenet communication is coming (via the account to which it's
posted). However...

Any of you desiring to communicate with me off-list should do so at (my
name, all one word) @earthlink.net. That's because...

One or more of the newsgroups in which I participate has one or more who
have been infected with the current MS worm, and it's overloading my mailbox
with 150k messages at the rate of a couple hundred an hour.

So, I've blocked the engr.uga address, which will bounce all mail coming to
me through that address...

Yes, I'm protected, and no, it didn't come from me (or it wouldn't be going
to uga, as all my mail goes through either the mindspring or earthlink
servers). I do daily virus definition and other updates, and dump the
infected file automatically, so it never even gets opened in my local
computer - but it's overwhelmed my ISP server, and I'm perpetually over
quota!

We'll return you to your normal programming shortly :{))

L8R

Skip