Barry Brazier

Default Radio Fax Weather Sources for South Pacific

I found the USA weather fax from Pt Reyes useful for a few hundred miles.
Then Honolulu until I got to Papette
see. It was not always easy to receive faxes but I relied on the twice daily
verbal weather broadcast from WWV time at Honolulu
http://www.blackcatsystems.com/radio/fax.html#SCHEDULES
After that I got faxes from Australia

Weatherfax are transmitted by Australian BOM see
http://www.bom.gov.au/marine/marine_weather_radio.shtml

Regards

Barry

"Geoffrey W. Schultz" wrote in message
4.17...
This winter I'll be headed through the Canal and off to French Polynesia
and then to New Zealand for hurricane season. I'm not sure what sources
I'll have for radio weather faxes. Who transmits what and on what
frequencies/times/etc? Are their web sites that I can preview what I can
see what they're transmitting?

Thanks, Geoff