posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default How sailing failure is defined.

"KLC Lewis" wrote:
My pretty-much ideal sailing grounds would be the Great Lakes in the summer.

Why?

True, fresh water is nice. But there's a lot of great places to sail
on both coasts... without biting flies, rocks, ore boats, submerged
fish traps, lampreys, etc etc.

Unfortunately, the water does get too hard for sailing for way too long each
year, and by December I'm thinking of moving south. But then I remember
things like "Palmetto Bugs" and other giant cockroachy critters. Wouldn't
mind moving back to southern California if it wasn't so bleeding insane out
there.

No wind in southern Cali. Might as wellkeep heading south, you're
gonna have to learn Spanish anywhere south of Portland.

I can't wait until global warming allows me to keep my boat sailing on Green
Bay and Lake Michigan year-round.

Freezing temps here in NC tonight... although we're due, it's been
sunny and warm (hi temps ~ 70F) most of the week. In fact it's been
GREAT sailing weather.... maybe a little windy

Fresh Breezes- Doug King