posted to rec.boats.electronics
Matt[_3_] Matt[_3_] is offline

Default Marine Stereo Set-up (Amp/Sub/Etc)

I will be adding a second battery and a switch prior to installation of the
audio equipment...

"Larry" wrote in message
(GregS) wrote in news:gnh45v$gt2$1
@usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu:

I would probably use a 4 channel amp thats convertable to 3 channel.
One for the sub and a stereo output for two sets of 4 ohm speakers.
The amp must be able to drive 2 ohms, else use 8 ohm speakers.
Driving low ohms produces more heat, unfortunately.

greg

I'm just an observer in this thread, but can I ask what kind of CHARGING
and BATTERY system this boat has to power all this load?

The average outboard motor charges tops at about 10-12
amps....TOTAL......at full throttle.......