posted to rec.boats.electronics
Matt[_3_] Matt[_3_] is offline

Default Marine Stereo Set-up (Amp/Sub/Etc)

Follow-up, I was looking to match that amp up with, my current 4 6.5
infinity kappas, then either the Pyle 8" non-amplified sub enclosure or the
Bazooka 8" sub enclosure (if the 10" bazooka will fit, maybe i'll go with
that) all are 4ohms.

"Matt" wrote in message
So you recommend something like this PLMRA420
(http://www.pyleaudio.com/manuals/PLMRA220-420.pdf) but would I be able to
setup the four speakers on the two preamps, and all i would lose is the
ability to fade front to back correct? then bridge the other for the
sub???? would that work? ? ?

Thanx.

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "Matt"
wrote:
Well i really would like a 5 channel, 4 for the speakers and mono for the
sub... Pyle only has a 6 channel so that will work too...

I didn't want to have a second amp just for the sub, and didn't want to
get
a powered sub...

What do you suggest?

I would probably use a 4 channel amp thats convertable to 3 channel.
One for the sub and a stereo output for two sets of 4 ohm speakers.
The amp must be able to drive 2 ohms, else use 8 ohm speakers.
Driving low ohms produces more heat, unfortunately.

greg

"GregS" wrote in message
.. .
In article , "Matt"
wrote:
Yes but what about the moutning / location of the AMP, i want to keep
is
as
dry as possible, along with all my other stereo equipment, but am
unsure
if
it needs 'Air' to breath, a location the has constant airflow, whichi n
boat would be difficult..

Thanks!

"Matt" wrote in message
I have a 21' bowrider and plan on redoing the stereo system. Getting
marine Amp, Subwoofer, Headunit, 4 speakers.

Question:

I plan on getting a 6 channel AMP anyone have any experience on
mounting,
as far as where? I was going to put it in a compartment that really
doesn't get airflow but is somewhat ventalated, does the amp need
alot
of
constant airflow? The subwoofer is going to be in an enclosure and
non-powered.

Any help is appreciated.

Why do you need 6 channels ?
Surely needs air to breath. You must use a fan in an enclosed area
with entry air points. Some amps allready have fans. My old
Pioneer amp had two fans that went along with the music.
If heat is a real concern, a full switching amp is the best
way to go.

PLYE oh the good old days. Pyrimid watts or Pyle watts they call them.

I remember when Pyle was a decent American manufacturer of speakers.

There is something to be said for throwaway electronics in sal****er
marine
installations. Typical "Marine" equipment is usually cheap with some
kind
of O rings
somewhere.

greg