Roy G. Biv

Default First time in the Keys

"Jerry" wrote ...
We would like to take our Dana 24 to the Keys this winter.
We have
friends in Marathon and would probably use that as our primary destination.

first see if your friends have room to store your trailer in marathon
and maybe use marathons city moorings as a base, if they only have
room for your trailer and you don't want to impose too much on their
generosity from marathon come down to Key West, rent a mooring at the
city mooring field. when using the KW moorings (probably same in
marathon) you get shore support in the form of
showers/garbage/water/pumpout/dinghy dock and vehicle parking, make
Key West your base & maybe wait for a promisiong weather window and
visit the Dry Tortugas

more on city moorings, dry tortugas & keys in general at my page :

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/cruisingkeywest/