posted to rec.boats.building
Frogwatch Frogwatch is offline

Default Stevensons MiniCup

On Feb 15, 12:38 pm, "Andrew Butchart" wrote:
Sounds like a fun project. I quite enjoyed my old MiniCup but did find the
hull rather heavy for car-topping and dragging on the dolly to the beach.

--
Andrew Butchart

wrote in message

Hi

I completed a marine ply-wood Minicup hull in Auckland , NZ in 2007,
but did not get futher as we moved to Canada. I sold the hull.

I am working on the design aspects of building a skin-on-frame
Minicup, using the techniques I learned building a Tom Yost pvc skin /
aluminum frame kayak.

It will be interesting to see how this proceeds. All feedback from
Minicup builders welcome.

Cheers

Sofcrafts

What is "skin on frame". I also think the Minicup hulls are heavy ( I
built two). I have dragged them around a lot and have also repaired
them a lot. They really need about 10+ kts wind to really move.
I was looking at1/8" ply yesterday wondering if it and 4 oz glass
would work for a MiniCup.