posted to rec.boats.electronics
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Another Stereo Question

In article , fritzdfk wrote:
I have a car type stereo/cd player with 4 speakers connected. The
stereo has the regular front and rear speaker out connections. I would
like to add another pair of speakers in another part of the boat. How
do I do that?

If the unit has a line out, another small amp will do the trick. Most internal
headunits only put out about 16 real watts at most. That would probably
be 16 times 4. If you have no line out you would have to use the speaker
outputs. Since they are bridged outputs, you can take one lead and ground
and feed it through a resistor network or a a ground loop isolator.

There are things avalable to do this. Check the RS.

greg