posted to rec.boats.electronics
Matt[_3_] Matt[_3_] is offline

Default Marine Stereo Set-up (Amp/Sub/Etc)

10-4, I was looking at a PYLE 6CH Marine amp. I know they are not top of
the line, but i have learned from past audio equipment even the best
'marine' equipment doesn't do well in a 'marine' enviorment...

Definately don't want the hot chicks getting burnt, i plan on mounting it in
a comparment infront of the drivers seat, it's enclosed and virtually
impossible for someone to get burnt...

Thanks for the info!!!

"phishrace" wrote in message
On Feb 14, 5:41 am, "Matt" wrote:
Yes but what about the moutning / location of the AMP, i want to keep is
as
dry as possible, along with all my other stereo equipment, but am unsure
if
it needs 'Air' to breath, a location the has constant airflow, whichi n a
boat would be difficult..

No, they don't need constant airflow. However, the more restricted the
area you mount it, the more you should consider the quality of the
amp. Alpine has compact stackable marine amps. Pricey, but worth a
look. I've used Alpine equipment for years and have never had a
complaint. They might even have minimum clearance specs.

Remember too that unless it has some kind of decent housing, it's
likely to get hot. Even while idling. Don't want kids or hot chicks
accidentally burning themselves on it.

-phish